FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Postby Road Show » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:35 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

DM,

The irony for independent inventors is not what you're good at or not good at, but rather what resources you are connected with. We have all heard some of the comments that seasoned inventors make, such as: "I'd rather have a mediocre product, but awesome marketing program". For those of us not connected with a Fortune 500 company, these resources are scarce; therefore, as Michelle points out, having access to a show like AI gives the independent inventor that vital aspect of bringing the invention/idea to reality. Yes, AI is a world class promotion vehicle, but the down side is they spent too much time in season one focusing on bogus inventions for the sake of ratings and cheap entertainment value. This is scary for serious inventors who aren't interested in having themselves or their inventions cast in a negative light.

I don't want to sound too negative on AI because I still might audition for the show. I like the idea of the new show mentioned on the 'Financing Your Invention' forum, but it seems that the show is primarily geared for philanthropic endeavors, so it may be ill suited for many inventions whose primary purpose is to make money for the inventor. Until I hear more about this new show 'Fortune', I'll reserve comment.

Michele, you ARE right about AI. It is a world class promotional vehicle, but they need to focus more on REAL inventions to convince me that it is worthwhile for the typical independent inventor. Too many people who are looking for the next PET ROCK, and not enough of serious inventors who have actually found real solutions for needs in the marketplace, IMHO.

Postby Michelle » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:15 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Hi All:

Latest updates we received is that Season Two is definitely on and that some people who were finalists are now being contacted to come back with another invention and asked to audition again.

We've just got this info from one source, so hopefully we'll hear confirmation of that soon.

AmericanInventorSpot.com

Season Two is definitely on

Postby Alexis » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:06 pm

Alexis
White Belt

check out the home page of http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com. I just posted an article stating our sources received an email from AmericanInventorSpot.com stating that auditions will be Feb/March 2007.

Alexis

News About Season Two Judges

Postby Michelle » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:06 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Hi All:

Make sure to check out Erik's new post about the Season Two Judges at
http://www.americaninventorspot.com/jud ... _exclusive.

AmericanInventorSpot.com has unmatched news and information about the American Inventor Show.

Michelle
AmericanInventorSpot.com Team

Postby season2winner » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:36 pm

season2winner
White Belt

Any word on whether the auditions might be coming to Florida or not? Maybe somewhere near FL, like Atlanta maybe?

Finalists Cannot Audition for Season 2 of American Inventor

Postby Michelle » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:39 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Latest update from producers of American Inventor show, who are saying:

"We are currently gearing up for our second season, and in doing so, some of our first season finalists have inquired about returning to audition again this year. Unfortunately, we are not able to extend this opportunity to any of our twelve finalists, and we will not be able to review or consider any inventions, old or new, from our season one finalists."

We are currently trying to tap our sources and find out where the locations for auditions will be. You'll hear it here first so keep checking in.

For anyone with any info, please drop us a line.

Michelle

Postby coolmax » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:04 pm

coolmax
Yellow Belt

Hopefully they give at least 30 days notice.

It looks like American Inventor can't get there act together.

Don't count on the Auditions being in February.
Last edited by coolmax on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Everyday Edisons (EE)

Postby SparkBugg » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:42 pm

SparkBugg
Yellow Belt

Cherubsong,

I am assuming you are near San Diego. I went to the DC EE auditions this weekend. Read more about my experience at www.MetaBugg.com Feel free to email me with questions, as well.

I still haven't read the details, but I wonder if you could try EE first, and then AI later if you still want to?

Good Luck!

SparkBugg
Check out my blog of Ideas at www.sparkbugg.com!

Audition Schedule!!!!

Postby DaddyMathis » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:49 pm

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

I just got an email from American Inventorabout the Season 2 auditions:

Los Angeles - March 19th

San Francisco - March 25h

Chicago - March 30th

NYC - April 4th

Orlando - April 9th

Houston - April 13th

Postby scrapbookdi » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:10 pm

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

If anyone signed up with AI to audition in California, have you been notified by private e-mail as to the venue location? Just wondering if they are doing it that way instead of posting them all at one time. Since CA is less than a week away that doesn't give people much time to make arrangements to travel there and find a place to stay if necessary.
PreviousNext