FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Postby AmericanCynic » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:53 am

AmericanCynic
Yellow Belt

Making $50k prototypes is what they do on AI. Inventor-X was complaining that they didn't take it all the way to full mass production, which is impossible for most products with that little money. Unless it's something like sewn luggage or a "bottle sling," which are relatively simple to manufacture with just a little machinery and don't need expensive tooling or materials.

Postby citizen » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:49 am

citizen
Brown Belt

I think they need an update when the products do make it to market. I think alot of the inventions in theory are good, but arent' affordable to make, aren't mass appeal, or something else.

I personally liked the school teacher with the cars you customized and printed out. That is something that I could see hitting the mass market.

I think they also don't consider what will be the next big invention vs next big product. Sometimes they are the same, but other times they aren't. I saw during auditions (can't think of one atm) that weren't ground breaking ideas/inventions, but would've done well in market.

Manufacturing

Postby inventor-x » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:22 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

Just to let you know, I have ran a business.

I have spent over $100K in prototyping & in legal fee's to this point.

$50K would just be the (min) to get my product Manufactured.

I was looking at AI as the format for Advertising & Marketing my product.

The $50K would Not even be enough to Manufacture a large volume of products.

It would Not even be enough for the Oparh Million Dollar Big Idea contest.

With Oparh's Million Dollar Big Idea contest, one needs to have $20K worth of Retail ready for the show.

My point is that even if an Inventor had ONLY 100 units of there Invention to sale at the end of the show, the Inventor has something to start with in the Marketplace & to make there mark in the Invention World getting there product & name acknowledged as there Invention & the Inventor.

In my opinion Inventing is the easy part.

In my opinion, It does NOT matter how you look at it, an Inventor needs Capital to Manufacture there Invention.

Advertising, Marketing & getting your Invention/Product into the Marketplace is another Issue & Story.

Inventors need shows like AI, Oparh & the like to get Exposure for there Inventions.

With todays Global Economy & Everything at are Fingertips Instantly, an Inventor should have products ready to sale if the Invention is Introduce to the public in a major way.

Otherwise the Inventor & there Invention will get Infringed on overnight & be left out, without being acknowledged as the Inventor wasting all there time, money & effort.

Inventors go through more Trials & Tribulations learning to wear multiple hat's just trying to make there Invention a Reality.

Like I said Inventing is the easy part, it's everything else that comes after it that's the hard part!!!!

Don't take me worng, I Don't want to Discourge anyone from Inventing.

It comes down to Resources, Contacts & Capital.

This website as been a Great Resourse for Inventor's & Contacts.

The one thing this website needs is Resourses in Contacts for Capital to help Inventors Manufacture there products.

Exuse me if I upset anyone, this is just my opinion.

Keep Inventing ~ Inventor-X

Postby Michelle » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:30 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Hi Inventor - X,

Thanks for the comment. We will work on that. If you or any others do find any to recommend, please let us know.

We do have a extensive collection of resources here
http://inventorspot.com/financing_invention
but it needs to be updated and annotated to be more helpful.

If anyone uses the list and has comments to share with others, please let us know.
Previous