FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Audition Schedule!!!!

Postby DaddyMathis » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:28 pm

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

I just got this schedule in an email from American Inventor:

Los Angeles - March 19th

San Francisco - March 25h

Chicago - March 30th

NYC - April 4th

Orlando - April 9th

Houston - April 13th

Postby Michelle » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Thanks Daddy:

We'll get it up.

Postby scrapbookdi » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:49 am

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

Thanks for the info. I have been sooooo anxious!!!!

Postby Michelle » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:37 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Now what we need to do is consolidate tips and advice on how to audition best.

I sent out a request for tips from former finalists of the American Inventor show Season One. A few promised to come and give advice so if people have particular questions, you may want to try it and see if anyone can help.

Michelle

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:22 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Come on Guys! Don't wreck it! :lol: Just let it happen. I don't think you can plan for something as fickle as a reality tv show. :shock:

I watched episodes from the USA network's inventor show and gleaned from it how bad you look if you get angry or act weird. :x Then come to find out that's EXACTLY what Freemantle wanted. :roll:

This season is supposed to be dramatically different from last year, so how can past contestants give good advice? :?

I think your best bet would be to just be yourself, but be prepared for the worst portrayal of who you really aren't. :oops: I'm sure a lot of last year's contestants will attest to that; like Mark, Joe and Marc Griffen the BulletBall guy. :!:

Why are you angry?

Postby 5rocks » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:13 am

5rocks
Green Belt

Bottleslingguy,

Why do you sound so angry? I don't think any of us have a problem letting people know what to expect. Granted, none of us know what the producer's and editors are going to air, but it still is nice knowing what to expect as far as pitching your product in general. Obviously, we all have given the same basic tips such as be yourself, be confident, blah, blah, blah and blah. If any of you need tips if after making it to the later rounds feel free to ask. There is no need going in to it blind if you can get some free tips.

Pat

Postby DaddyMathis » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:49 am

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

I've heard a couple of conflicting tips. One article said that statistics are good...then I think someone on here said not to use them in your pitch.

Either way Januz had statistics, drive, and was willing to work with people to make his product great. I'm going with that.

Postby scrapbookdi » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:11 am

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

I will take any tips I can get. Like anything else, I can consider them all and decide what I feel will/won't help my audition. That way if it doesn't work out, I will have made the best decisions I felt I could.

Postby 5rocks » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:32 am

5rocks
Green Belt

Statistics are good for pitching your invention only if it tells the story of the invention. What I meant in an earlier post was that the judges do not want to hear about how many "widgets" you are going to sell. They told us that right from the start. Don't get me wrong, have the facts with you as they may ask you about costs, pricing, etc...... Just my opinion.

Pat
www.thetakeaseat.com

Wow! The Official Site hasn't even posted dates yet!

Postby JohnnieD » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:30 pm

JohnnieD
White Belt

Hi all! It looks like a lot of the players from last year are here. I missed out on last years show, never knew of it until about 3 weeks into it. I'm going to attend the NY Auditions this year. I just finished filling out the application last evening - wow, an ordeal in and of itself!! Earlier today I was reading on this site a post from the gentleman that submitted the baby bottle holder. His post was about contestants giving up marketing, and selling rights for a period of a year! I didn't see anything like that in the application/agreement - could anyone involved give more details? Did this restraint occur at a higher level in the competition? Was there compensation for that concession? Thanks for any input! Regards, John
Next