FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Postby scrapbookdi » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:48 am

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

Wow, we sure are lucky to have you checking the info. I never would have thought they would change the info once it is posted. Seems they are doing things quite different this time around. Maybe if you are selected they want you to do the psyche test, etc. right away instead of flying everyone to CA to do that.

Postby DaddyMathis » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:47 pm

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

I'm excited! I was expecting to have to wait a few weeks to find out if I made it to the next round or not.

I wonder how that works though. They mentioned "regional semi-finalists"...does that mean that only so many from each audition city will make it? That would be weird. I'd hate to think that I wouldn't make it through the first round just because there were too many good ones in Orlando that day.

Postby scrapbookdi » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:40 am

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

I agree. I can see where it would make sense to administer the psyche test, etc. at the location rather than flying everyone to LA. But then who make the regional decisions? Good luck in Orlando. I will be going to Chicago.

Postby 5rocks » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:07 am

5rocks
Green Belt

The psyche tests were only given to the top 50 last year so I don't think it is a big deal to do the tests again in L.A. They have alternates in case a problem with someone's past arises, if you know what I mean. I think they want to possibly keep people around in the city they auditioned in for interviews and city-specific video. It will be interesting to see the new format and the "regional" finalists. I have a friend that wants me to audition with him for this year's show so who knows? Maybe I will find out first hand. At least if we make it they won't have to do another test on me, although I have went a little nuts over the last year since the show.
Ha. Ha.

Pat

www.thetakeaseat.com

Postby pktwatch » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:21 pm

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

Well I got my postcard inviting me to the auditions. I received my patent last year after the show was cast so I bet they are sending out the cards to all new patent holders?? I am still waiting on Everyday Edisons and signed a contract with them. I have to give them a little more time before I can offer it to AI............

Butch

Postby scrapbookdi » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:55 pm

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

That is really exciting. Does it say anything on the post card about the venues?

Postby pktwatch » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:05 pm

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

scrapbookdi wrote:That is really exciting. Does it say anything on the post card about the venues?

No, it just tells what the cities are........it is close to the start and not much info yet....

Postby Michelle » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:52 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

AMERICAN INVENTORS OPEN CALL AUDITION DATE FOR LOS ANGELES HAS CHANGED FROM MARCH 19 TH TO MARCH 18 TH . THE LOS ANGELES VENUE LOCATION IS:

Los Angeles Convention Center
1201 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90015

Thanks to Daddy Mathis for letting us all know.

Postby scrapbookdi » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:34 am

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

I have been trying to get on the AI website this morning and it says it is not available. I wonder what they are updating :?:

Postby DaddyMathis » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:07 am

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

I'm hoping it's the details for Orlando, but it could be the parking info for the other cities.

P.S.- I just got my invention working a few days ago!!!!!
PreviousNext