FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

WARNING: WATCH OUT FOR SOME OF OUR GOOGLE ADS

Postby Michelle » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:21 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

We are in a constant battle to try to keep bad invention promotion companies from advertising on our site with our Google Ads program.

We want to keep the good advertisements from Google and keep the bad invention companies out. Unfortunately, they seem to be constanly using new web addresses so it is very hard to keep up.

If you see a company that looks problematic, please CONTACT US and let us know.

If you see a problem site through a Google AD, please CONTACT US or just drop us a comment here and we will try to get rid of them.

Thanks,

AmericanInventorSpot.com Team[/b]
Last edited by Michelle on Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Matt Wood » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:02 pm

Matt Wood
White Belt

Sticky?

Postby Michelle » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:06 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Thanks, will do.

Postby Michelle » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:58 am

Michelle
Black Belt

We are having a problem blocking certain google advertisements on our site.

As we are work on certain technical issues with blocking certain companies which have been reported to the FTC as scams from advertising on our site, please do a careful screen on any invention related company advertising on our site from the google ad programs before doing business with them.

We should have this issue resolved within the next few days.

We apologise for the problem.

InventorSpot.com Team
Last edited by Michelle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bad google ads

Postby LifeGoesOn » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:44 am

LifeGoesOn
White Belt

Hi Michelle,
You are doing it all wrong. What you need to do is post a list of disreputable ads so that all of us can click on them, 10 or 20 times each person each day. This provides you with a source of revenue so you can keep your site open and also discourages bad ads from appearing lest they be paying for clicks that don't mean anything.
This is a very effective method, I have used it myself with great success on webs I manage.

Postby Michelle » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:52 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

That is a great idea. :)

Problem is that inventors and inventors orgs then think we're affiliated with them...and unsuspecting inventors may get misled.

Well, for those who are reading this, please take Life Goes On's advice and feel free to visit those ads on our site that seem to be less than honest. :)

Hahaha. I am only kidding!
Last edited by Michelle on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby PennyB » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:10 pm

PennyB
Green Belt

What you need to do is post a list of disreputable ads so that all of us can click on them, 10 or 20 times each person each day.
===============================================

This suggested tactic is just what some cyber lawyers seek out. They seek disreptuable statements against companies and persons then contact them bringing their attention to said statements offering to represent them to clear their names, brands... and so on and so forth.

I'm under a Cease and Desist threat and I've been the target of the world's largest invention submission company President out to shut me up. The speaking out medium is a slippery slope unless one has a solid grasp on how to handle and manage bullies in all the forms they rise from the depths in and the tools they use to bully those who speak out. One must have a stealthy team to help one fight back.

Fortunately Ralph Nader's "Public Citizen Litigation Group" (via attorney Paul Levy) provided the ammo to quiet the waters for three of us who were served (attorney Steven Nipper who hosted on his blog my research findings; Ronald J. Riley (inventored.org); and myself vs. Inventor-Link.com as represented by Dozier Internet Law Firm as a consequence of what you can read, here:
http://inventblog.com/2007/07/who-is-in ... nkcom.html

Dozier onslaught continues:
www.inventored.org/caution/inventor-lin ... ter-1.html

William Patry, Google's chief Copyright attorney gets involved in Dozier's "Misuse of Cease and Desist Letters" :
( http://williampatry.blogspot.com/2007/1 ... tters.html )

In closing, using your suggested tactic requires minimally there be something along the lines of an "Error of Fact" notice for any accused party to state its side too. Either way, this is not a slope for the ill-informed creating cute ways to get the word out as there will likely be consequences.

Regards,
Penny Ballou

Postby Levi Porter » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:42 am

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

PennyB wrote:What you need to do is post a list of disreputable ads so that all of us can click on them, 10 or 20 times each person each day.

===============================================

Isn't that just click fraud?

PennyB wrote:I'm under a Cease and Desist threat and I've been the target of the world's largest invention submission company President out to shut me up.

What the hell!?:shock:

Are you saying you criticized a company, and they were harmed by you from an illegal act?

I read some of your links, but started to get riled up.

You must have really pissed some people off. Are you actually under a gag order of sorts? Was there a defamation of character or some sort of illegal collusion that was proven?

Where has the first amendment gone? Oh yeh, special interest groups that whine about their idiosyncrasies, and somehow our society of mindless sheep bows down to their ludicrous insanity and forces the rest of us to suffer.

Postby PennyB » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:14 am

PennyB
Green Belt

1. CLARIFICATION: I did NOT write let alone post the following statement:

PennyB wrote: What you need to do is post a list of disreputable ads so that all of us can click on them, 10 or 20 times each person each day.

LEVI WROTE REGARDING THE ABOVE: “Is that fraud?â€

Postby Levi Porter » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:23 am

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

Penny,

I didn't think you had done anything wrong.

I was just trying to figure out what they could have claimed to get the law to enforce a Cease and Desist order.
Next