FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Finance your invention through this new television event!

Postby fortune » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:00 pm

fortune
White Belt

DO YOU HAVE A DESIRE BUT NOT THE MONEY TO MAKE IT A REALITY?
WHAT IF YOU HAD ACCESS TO AMERICA’S MULTI-MILLIONAIRES?

NBC and the BBC Worldwide are proud to announce a primetime television event that will change the lives of everyday Americans. “FORTUNEâ€

Postby Road Show » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:51 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

This sounds really intriguing. Does the inventor give up anything in exchange for the financial help?

Postby Michelle » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:57 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Thanks for the tip Fortune.

Caveat

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:58 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

As long as everyone keeps in mind, this is about the show and not the product. :twisted:

Postby pktwatch » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:09 am

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

The way I read it, it has nothing to do with an inventor or a product. They are just giving money away IF you have a good story and can tell it well.

Butch
Last edited by pktwatch on Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bad eyesight

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:28 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

You're right, my bad. Guess I'm still jaded from my AI experience.

Postby Road Show » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:57 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

I don't know what the bias will be, but my guess this show will lean toward the sob stories and not someone wanting to bring a product to market. Kinda like AI Season One :shock: !!

Postby Michelle » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:11 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Is it just me or is the false drama stories that tv shows come up with just tiresome and boring.

For me, I like the real drama of just trying to figure things out and do a good job inventing something. I loved that TV show where this guy went around and picked people from a phone book and created a really interesting tv segment about them.

That's what is real, every person has a really nice story or two about them and we don't need fake drama to make life rich and interesting.

I really hope Season Two is a higher quality show.

JMHO.

Michelle

Postby bottleslingguy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:54 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

I'm sure Jones thought the backstory would be the thing that would keep viewers glued to their tvs but seeing how the ratings steadily declined he must've rethought what the hook should be. An inventor show should be primarily about the inventor's process getting the invention ready for marketing. Sob stories are a dime a dozen and who doesn't have one?

I liked the USA network's Made in America format:

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/madein ... html#final

And if they continue to recap the previous episode at the start of each new episode (using up half the show as a rerun) and waste our time with comedic, pseudo-inventions, I think they're in for more ratings failures. It really bothered me how much time was wasted on the stupid Space Beetle Utopia.

We are aware of the number of crazy inventions/inventors out there. No more of that, Peter or else... Give us substance, not B.S. :evil:

Postby bottleslingguy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:06 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Now that I've gone back to the original post I see it calls it a "primetime television event". Isn't that a program? A tv show?

They're going to have poor souls begging for money sixty seconds at a clip. One sob story after another it sounds like.

It's not based on technical merits or marketability, it's based on how much you beg and plead for your cheerleading squad's torn uniforms or how desperately you need a new nose (sounds like extreme makeover). Maybe they'll call it "Extreme Beggars on Parade"?
Next